Our family has come up with a holiday that only we celebrate. It's affectionately called 10107. It originated from some bad handwriting several years ago. Darren writes in all capital letters and had written on a piece of paper the word IDIOT. However, with his handwriting, Darren's dad asked, "What's a 10107?" And a family joke was born. Ever since then we have used phrases like, "Don't be a 10107!" or "You 10107!" Then in July of 2007, we were sitting at the dinner table and somehow the subject of 10107 came up, and we realized that October 1, 2007 would be our joke in date form! (10-1-07) Some phone calls were made and our family holiday began. The celebration consists of all things idiotic. The more idiotic the better. One of the most idiotic things we do is commemorate the date every year. Here are some pictures of this years 10107.
Lincoln and Cade during the Ice cream eating contest.
Thanks for the fun you "10107's"!

9 comments:
Excellent post Tara. I'm so glad we finally have a couple blogs in the fam. How cool is your own holiday and how easy you make this look...oh wait, it's my own holiday too!
I love your guys idiot day! I think it is hilarious. Also love the shirts. I would love to be included in your private blog! Welcome to the blogging world!
Welcome, Welcome to Blog Land!! Only the Steeles could make an idiot day so fun and cool :).
Why am I not surprised that the Steeles have a holiday like that. I am excited to hear about the fun things your family is doing.
I want to be an idiot! Adam used to call us all "igits" and that was his way of pronouncing it. I just love the whole story of how it came about, and how it has stuck around and become a traditional holiday. What kinds of food do you serve on your Idiot day? Just curious.
p.s. add me to your private blog when you decide to hide yourself from the rest of the world!
I love that you are blogging. Now if only I had a blog too. Oops, I do. Sorry guys. Sign me up to be on your list, Tara and I'm sure you will inspire me to do better.
P.S. LOVE the holiday.
Cute idea for your Steele family day! I love it! I am so happy you are posting now so we can chat thru our experiences. Welcome to the blogging world! -Jaimee
You have inspired me to someday get a blog, very cute name! I would love to be included in your blog! Take care! MEGAN
Post a Comment